Adult popsicles, boozesicles, cocktail ice lolllies… no matter what you call them, they’re delightful!
What do you get when your freeze extra dry vermouth, grapes, mint and a bit of lemon juice?
These popsicles are a refreshing treat on a warm August evening. I mean, it’s still summer after all! Grape, Mint & Martini Popsicles are a refreshingly herbaceous treat to
people adults who love all things vermouth!
Alcoholic ice lollies, adult popsicles, boozesicles…
I’m a big fan of frozen cocktails on a stick! In fact, one of my earliest blog posts was written on this topic and I used to make them quite a lot in 2013! Thanks to that early blog post, I know I’ve made at least the following:
- Campari, orange & peach pops
- Blueberry GT pops
- Blueberry & raspberry Muscat pops
- Aperol spritz pops,
- Jaloviina, lemon & ginger pops
- Watermelon, mint & vodka pops
If my memory serves me right, the last two were the biggest hits! Though I can’t be sure – I used to throw a lot of parties, and any kind of boozesicles were always a big hit 🙂 Those were the times…
Grape, mint & Martini popsicles
Life has gotten more and more boring with less and less get-togethers. Poor old popsicle molds have been gathering dust! But suddenly, after an almost 10 year hiatus, we have boozesicles in the freezer again!
The turn of events likely had to do with an opened bottle of extra dry Martini, an odd amount of green grapes and a big bush of strawberry mint taking over our balcony. The resulting “Grape, Mint & Martini Popsicles” came together exactly like all those boozesicles back in 2013: with what’s at hand. And for someone who loves all things vermouth, the results were truly delightful! Herbaceous, sweet, fresh and fruity. If you end up trying the recipe, I hope you’ll love them too!
Who knows, maybe 2022 is a year of boozesicles in this house again?
Grape, Mint & Martini Popsicles
- Popsicles mold for 6 popsicles
- Immersion blender
- 200 g seedless green grapes
- ½ dl mint syrup
- 1 dl extra dry vermouth (for example Martini extra dry)
- lemon juice (to taste)
- ¼ dl sugar
- ¼ dl water
- 2-4 sprigs mint
- Make the mint syrup first: Boil the sugar and water until the sugar melts. Take the pot off heat and add the leaves of a few sprigs of mint. Leave to infuse and cool! Strain the syrup, squeezing the mint to extract all the flavor off the leaves. (You can also blend the syrup with mint leaves and all)
- Blend together the dry vermouth, grapes and mint syrup. Season to taste with lemon juice. You can also add a few more leaves of fresh mint!
- Distribute the mixture in the popsicle molds and freeze. If you want the popsicles to have less texture, strain the mixture before pouring into popsicle molds.
Have you made boozesicles? What’s your favorite flavor combo?
Leave a Reply